Pages

30 December 2008

Assume crash postions and thanks for flying

Handride has an insightful post regarding the commercial bullshit permeating this game. The voting for the Eclipse awards, much like any other award, is meaningless and self serving. I don't particularly care who wins what, so the winning picture, in and of itself, is of supernatural indifference to me.

What is telling is the careless and ignorant approach the Breeders' Cup used on their big day.

In the picture on Handride's post, take a look at the spelling of the Juvenile Turf on the billboards behind Dettori.

I couldn't put together a conference call but I would make damn sure that everything was spelled correctly as I flailed around trying to make it happen.

How stupid is everyone in that particular error chain, to let those signs get that far? How does that happen? How can the Breeders' Cup seriously call itself the greatest day in racing?

The Devil is in the details.

5 comments:

SaratogaSpa said...

you can't make this stuff up if you tried!
PS -why isn't Jesus ever in the details?

Anonymous said...

Brilliant observation which I'll admit I was guilty of not catching before when I saw the winner's circle pix too.

Anonymous said...

My favorite story of the year.

Anonymous said...

I notice that 'wrong' was spelled 'worng' in the caption. Coincidence?

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Dawn

You must be kidding right? I assume you are referring to Paulick and clearly that's on purpose as picture is mispelled as well.

The Bid

The Bid
Greatest horse ever to look through a bridle