Pages

25 November 2008

The Big Think

The Big Think gathers interviews with leading thinkers and people of influence, as well as the population, to try and solve the problems that face us all. (As shocking as this might be, it has nothing to do with horse racing. Yes, Virginia, there is a greater world out there.)

Maybe we could put together a similar concept for horse racing. A video SAFC but it would interview industry "experts" and "leaders", trainers, track presidents as well as executives and anyone else.

This gives new meaning to 'pony tails'.

'Only prizes other than cash.' Here's a bailout plan for tracks and GM. Give away a car to anyone that nails the Pick 6.

Anyone wanting to stick it to the man should check out Thoroughmetrics .

If anyone is familiar with this Curlin character, people keep referencing, consider submitting a panegyric.

As a solid to yours truly, sign up for the TBA RSS; it will go a long way towards cleaning up my inbox.

4 comments:

Patrick J Patten said...

Thanks for the link. I think the prize should be I'd be able to give back my GM if I hit the pick 6 for blue book value.

Superfecta said...

I used to know a Canadian epic poet. I wonder how he's doing in this economy - perhaps Jess Jackson could commission him.

John said...

Interesting video although I suspect that globalization is mostly a losing proposition for the USA over time. . . with good luck, we will be going the way of the Roman Empire.

This morning on my way to work I saw a billboard declaring "BLESSED RAMADAN"

It made me uncomfortable and I am a left wing loonie . . .I can imagine what a McCain voter would think on seeing it.

Great Stuff W . . . as usual.

Anonymous said...

Counting and interpreting whorls is an old, old tradition. Same as white feet and "thumbprints." I guess you can put a new spin on anything, though. I think Temple Grandin did something similar a few years ago.

The Bid

The Bid
Greatest horse ever to look through a bridle