Pages

06 July 2008

Dream another dream

I found this video clip and thought it was hysterical. I bet Big Brown wishes he had thought of this. http://view.break.com/529682



Imalexus wrenched an ankle in a workout on Friday and will be rested a few days. X-rays revealed no broken bones so it is probably a soft tissue injury. I know that sounded professional and all but I am just regurgitating what the trainer said. All I know is that I have to cancel my reservations for Santa Anita this fall. Oh the humanity.

She schooled in the gate and entered and backed up like a pro, while two other horses were throwing fits right next to her. As she was being led away, two horses breezing in company came by her and startled her a little and she briefly bolted. She came back fine and cooled down well but the trainer saw some swelling afterward and checked it out.

I am going on vacation, a little camping and then the Sterling Renaissance festival in western New York, so I will be out of touch. Don't you all go solving the industry problems while I'm gone.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your horse gets better. I read a quote in an old horsemanship book a few years back, where the author said he heard a little boy pretty much sum up horses by saying "they have four legs and something's always wrong with one of them."
But that book also said that one of the true tests of horsemanship was being able to light a cigarette from a lit cigarette while riding at the trot and canter, so maybe it's not to be trusted ....

Anonymous said...

Video: That dude was seriously lucky...

Imalexus: Sorry to hear, they are fragile (and costly) hope the recovery is quick!

Enjoy our lovely weather in WNY...it has been awesome.

Anonymous said...

that video seemed like a weird horse gymnastics move... plus as Geno points out, seriously lucky!

sorry to hear your SA hopes are dashed, here's to a speedy recovery.

and not to worry, we'll leave some problems for you!

Wind Gatherer said...

Brief-At this point, my idea of horsemanship is just actually staying on the horse...although I can appreciate the concept.

Geno/Dana-You are right about that guy being lucky. That is of course what I meant when I thought how funny it was. I posted it is a sort of community service bulletin.

Thanks for reading.

The Bid

The Bid
Greatest horse ever to look through a bridle