Pages

12 December 2008

Miscellanea

Google Adwords bans the bidding on horse racing ads.

Never one to underestimate the global and influential reach of this site, Michigan reads my stuff and immediately jumps into action.

What about the expression 'Never shit where you eat'?

I read a thread on Barntowire about a new OTB proposal in a Chicago suburb. The lead off was a comment on how the OTB crowd was shrinking and how the camaraderie that some sought, in frequenting those places, was losing its appeal, given the small crowd.

Most people bet from home now, through multiple ADW's (just for one person), and why would one go to a bar, pay the state entrance tax, plus food and drinks and the takeout, when you can stay at home and bet the rolling daily double in your underwear. Although, I guess, some people do that at the OTB as well.

Is this not the best indicator for track management, that the track can become a family place now? Make it an environment where the family will want to spend an afternoon.

To butcher Yogi, "Nobody goes to the OTB anymore, nobody goes there."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to start telling people I own an environmentally friendly energy source. I won't tell my horse that, though; I think it would go to his head.

The Bid

The Bid
Greatest horse ever to look through a bridle