Pages

19 March 2010

That's what you get for waking up in charge

Alex Waldrop posted his latest statement regarding last week's NTRA Live! fiasco. A few excerpts:

'The end result was a disappointment to many'...Please identify those individuals who were satisfied with the end result.

'I was not a pleasant person to be around at 6pm last Saturday -- and for most of the three days thereafter, for that matter. Like many of you, I was disappointed that I didn't get to see the races like I was promised, but what made matters infinitely worse was that I felt we had let so many of our most passionate racing fans down'...Anytime someone goes out of their way to tell me how much hell they raised or how they called people to task on my behalf, it makes my ass twitch.

Of course you expressed anger. Of course the result proved unacceptable. Expressing any satisfaction with the product would prove you are the feckless mouthpiece, some, this blog included, purport you to be.

Make the damn thing work. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. Or, as the august dilettante, Katy Perry, once said.

Shut up and put your money where your mouth is.

No comments:

The Bid

The Bid
Greatest horse ever to look through a bridle