Pages

26 February 2009

Comments to ponder

The only sucker investor, I could find to buy into Blackwatch Stables' shares of Imalexus, is my wife's, best friend's, husband. (whole lotta' sentence structure issues there).

He is not a horse racing insider. In fact, he knows almost nothing about the game but he enjoys watching the Derby and thought this would be a good experience.

I sent him the DRF chart for the race and I forward all the updates I receive from the partnership manager-which are frequent and thorough; Rebate Stable is a quality operation.

Here is an excerpt of my friend's response:

"I did not expect them to be running during the week, that early in the day. I do not know how working people can be expected to be there for the races. Seems pretty dumb to me."

If tracks are worried about handle, as a result of falling attendance, perhaps holding the bulk of your racing days during working hours, is not the best plan.

I'm just saying.

No comments:

The Bid

The Bid
Greatest horse ever to look through a bridle