Pages

30 September 2008

Ahhh...much better.


"The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
-Oscar Wilde


One would think that with the recent adjustment in capital allocations, racing industry execs would seriously consider the ramifications of keeping such a tight grip on information.

I think "Mikey" exercised his option, as described in the note. Were all the questions submitted by Gary Stevens and Frank Lyons?

Less is more. Gambling Gaming is not an either or issue. Synergy people, synergy.I presume that it is problematic enough to prompt the race at post time but would prohibiting all play past post time not palliate past posting? Quit trying to squeeze the extra dollar and just shut down betting at post time. Work the problem people.

Here's an idea; call me crazy. Stop breeding to breed. Breed to race. If the horse you breed actually runs and wins, then you win. If he doesn't, you're not out $50k+.

A good friend of mine flies for a major cargo operator. They have flights from Canada where the entire plane is full of horses going to Japan for slaughter.

I'd like to sell my condo $400k+. Who wants to give it to me? I think I was too easy on Brunetti.

Halsey Minor is the next guest on Talkin' Horses. This is the only instance (outside of the phone book) where Minor follows Iavarone.

Apparently, the TBA has changed its feed. I have no idea what that means or does but if you do and you want the new one then go here.

For the three four of you who read this and for whatever reason might consider anything I recommend, Triple Dead Heat is a site I frequent. Actual information and insights are to be found.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can flying horses for slaughter from Canada to Japan be economically driven? For what other reasons would this be done? Utterly horrified by this. I don't care whether the horses are from the US, Canada, or Timbuktu - all I think is FERDINAND.

Anonymous said...

Your IPR is among the best.

(Interesting Post Ratio)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out!

That story regarding the cargo flight to Japan is disturbing.

I'm going to be interviewing a young girl here in Toronto next week who's putting a petition together against horse slaughter in Canada. The story will end up in the Woodbine paper, Down The Stretch.

Such a disturbing issue. I hope Canada takes care of this issue soon, it's such a blemish on our usually good name.

The Bid

The Bid
Greatest horse ever to look through a bridle